Sunday, 22 November 2015

Statement

I'm interested in drawing, that's my passion, it's been that since I was brought up. Mum is the one who inspired me when I was younger, I looked up to her. When I was little I always looked forward to drawing in my colouring book with her, I always waited because there was so many of us and I didn't want to stress her out. I always tried my best to copy her, I loved those times. During my studies here at M.I.T taking ideas and responses, really changed my whole perspective of my learning in class. Had a crazy as lecture who was on our arses 24/7 and wanting us to be there in class. Well I have to say he was awesome, not many lectures do that, push us to the limit in making something that we enjoy creating. For my main final I wanted to finish in the cube, have it all put up, so the world can have a look at what I can do in art. What I did was draw two flowers (rose and hibiscus) on separate A4 papers, photocopied both of them together onto coloured paper, then used a template to cut out the circles. The main focus for me was getting it all cut up and the struggle was not turning up to class or either coming in late. Anyways I really liked this class for someone who doesn't even turn up but when I do, I get stuff done. The one who pushed me was Steve and I thank you for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment